“Let the children come to me and do not prevent them.” St. Bernard Parish is pro-life, from conception to hungry, fussy infant, wiggly toddler to busy preschooler, bored Kindergartener to anxious elementary schooler, autistic middle school aged kids to rebel high schooler. Like our doors and our song says, “All are Welcome in this Place.” If you are more comfortable, we do have a nursery available for infants through preschoolers. There are busy bags in the Narthex and board books in the lounge by the TV. We hope your fellow church goers give you a smile of encouragement, or nod of understanding when your kids struggle. Please stay! We want to get to know your family
- God put the wiggle in children – don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Mass and actions of the priest, musicians, ushers, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn behavior from mimicking you.
- Consider sitting toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to engage.
- If you have to leave the Sanctuary with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”